Create your very own colour lab at home! Discover how to create colours and unique shades. Fill a few different bowls or containers with water to varying levels and add a few drops of food dye into the containers. Using a range of open-ended household items such as jugs, jars or measuring cups your child can investigate colour mixing.
You will need:
- Liquid food colouring dye.
- Household items such as bowls, jugs, spoons, ladles, measuring cups and funnels.
- Recycled glass jars or plastic containers.
Promote learning by:
- Discuss how primary colours can be mixed to create a new colour -” If we pour red and blue into a jar, what colour will it make?”
- Explore measurement “Which jar has more water? And which jar has less water?”
- Introduce your child to a colour wheel – this can be used as a platform for discovery.