This is a simple yet fun recipe from the kitchen of our Nido Franklin cook Max for great tasting pizzas at home.
1 tin diced tomatoes
½ tsp of; paprika, oregano, thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cabanossi (leave out if vegetarian)
1 clove garlic
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees
- To make pizza sauce, blend tomatoes, paprika, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper and a splash of olive oil together until combined
- Cut up the vegetables and cabanossi into thin strips and slices
- Cover the bases with pizza sauce and add a little cheese
- Add vegetables and cabanossi then top with some more cheese and a pinch of oregano
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the cheese gets a nice golden brown colour and slice
Note: you can serve this with garlic bread if you would like
Promote learning by:
involving children during the cooking experience and talking to them about why vegetables are good for their bodies. Offer them a choice of what they would like to put on the pizza- giving them a sense of accomplishment after making them.