Create your very own potion making station at home! Allow your child to delve into their imagination and investigate using a range of different tools to create their own potions.
You will need:
- A range of household items and cooking utensils such as bowls, jugs, pots, strainers, funnels, measuring cups, tongs, scoops, spoons, mortar and pestle and jars.
- A range of natural materials – fresh flowers, seed pods, pebbles, leaves.
- Optional – Add a small scoop of bi-carb soda to create a bubbling effect.
- Optional – Add a few drops of food dye to make your potions coloured.
Promote learning by:
- Strengthening your child’s fine motor skills by encouraging them to use a range of household tools; such as mortar and pestle, juicer and strainer.
- Exploring measurement.